*

*

Saturday, May 2, 2009

A month later...

It has been forever! Below is a post that I meant to publish a month ago but we have not had capable internet service for my blog until now. I apologize to all my faithful blog followers and hope that another month will not pass by before my next post.
Where to begin? We stayed in Kalispell for two weeks and that was an interesting experience! We had some good meetings out there and made a few new friends! While there I met a pastor’s wife, who is a scrapbooker-just as I am! I was able to spend some time with her over lunch and doing a little scrapbook shopping! Joseph and I were able to visit the driving range a few times and I have finally figured out how to hold my club correctly! I was also able to meet a good friend of Joseph’s from Missoula!
After we left Kalispell, we took off to Great Falls, Montana for a three day missions conference! The church treated us so well! We stayed with a lady from the church and enjoyed late nights chatting with her! Each night of the conference the church spoiled us with gifts and good meals! The conference started on a Friday night and on Saturday the men went for lunch and the ladies had a special brunch together. After the men and ladies activities were finished, Joseph and I decided to visit the mall and waste some time. Well, me and my small bladder had to visit the ladies restroom almost immediately. And, it was during my restroom visit that things became exciting…or maybe the correct word is disgusting? After I finished my business, I heard what sounded to me like a little splash. I slowly turned around and there sitting at the bottom of the toilet bowl was my pretty phone. I pondered, do I really stick my hand in and grab it or do I let it be? After deciding that Joseph and I really couldn’t afford to buy me a new phone, I gathered my courage, stuck my hand in and grabbed the phone! I dried it as best as I could and immediately Joseph and I took off to Verizon; but people seem to not be so helpful when they realized where my phone was and it could not be fixed. Joseph was eligible for a phone upgrade; but I wasn’t. So, since they were offering a buy one get one free blackberry deal-Joseph bought a phone-as he was already needing one and I was able to get a blackberry curve for free and a new phone number! As I said, other than this event the rest of the conference was amazing! God was really at work at the conference and some new friends of ours, surrendered to be missionaries! Our friends had been fighting God’s call for years and they discovered after surrendering their lives to God’s will, peace filled their lives. I couldn’t help but to think that there are so many people in this world, that are not willing to give their lives to God-instead they choose money and worldly goods. However, when those earthly goods and money are being threatened from their lives, they live their lives in fear; but if they would only accept God’s salvation, they wouldn’t have to fear-God would be in control of their lives and they could have peace that God would take care of them!
We left Great Falls on a Wednesday to go to Evanston, Wyoming for a meeting and then the following day we took off back to Glenrock, Wyoming! We arrived to Glenrock at about four in the afternoon allowing us just enough time to get ready for dinner and the evening services as Joseph would be preaching that night! When we arrived to church, we felt like we were right at home-it was great! On Friday, I woke up not feeling right; but still went on with the ladies from the church and the other missionary wife for brunch and a ladies shopping day in Casper! I shopped with the Pastor’s daughter and enjoyed my time with her, we found so many good deals and discovered that we share the same taste in a lot of clothing styles! When I got back to my hotel room that afternoon, I decided to take a nap and when I woke up, I had such a fever and felt horrible. So, unfortunately I had to miss Friday evenings meeting and get my rest! By Saturday afternoon, I felt 100% better! I was glad to feel so much better and be able to enjoy the rest of the conference! After the conference was over, we were able to stay for a few more days! During that time, I made a jean skirt with Pastor’s daughter out of a pair of jeans-it turned out super cute! And, I should probably admit that all I did was rip the seam out and she did the rest! But, at least I now know how to do it myself! We were also able to spend more time with Pastor and his wife-which we always enjoy! We also, made new friends with a couple in the church who shares Joseph’s passion for mashed potatoes! We had fun playing Wii with them and enjoying homemade hot fudge! I could probably write a book about all the fun we had in Glenrock; but I will stop and move on to where we are at this point and time!
We left Glenrock this morning and drove to Idaho Falls, Idaho! We have a meeting here tomorrow night! From here we are off to a few meetings in Washington State, a meeting in Wyoming and then home to South Dakota for a few days! Exactly two weeks from today we should be home and we are thrilled!

No comments: