*

*

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Justus-2 Months

Justus, you are TWO MONTHS!


YOU:

*Wear size 1 diapers. I moved you into these a couple weeks ago. I did this simply because I didn't want to buy another package of newborn diapers.
*Starting to literally bust out of newborn clothes.
*I weighed you myself today and it appears you are 10 lbs! Chunky Monkey!
*Still nursing like a champ. Eating every 2-3 hours, just depends on the time of day.
*Wakes once a night for a feeding and promptly falls back asleep. I think you will soon be sleeping through the night!
*Love to "chat".
*A very restless baby.
*We have good days and VERY bad days with the colic. The very bad days makes me question my mothering abilities...
*Love to be held laying in the arms, just as you laid in my tummy.
*Getting much better with your neck control.
*Started doing tummy time and to say you are not a fan is an understatement.
*Are very good at gripping and grabbing!
*Have become very alert and always looking around to check out the sights.
*Perk up when you hear Mommy or Daddy's voice.
*Smile often.
*Very active with your hands and feet.


*Took your first vacation to Wisconsin and Michigan. You meet your Aunt Kayla, Uncle Kenny and Cousin RoseMarie. As well as meeting your Great Grandma and Grandpa Collins and Great Grandma and Grandpa Barnhardt.
*You had an instant bond with Great Grandma Barnhardt. Daddy and I agree that you will always know and love her!


Oh Justus,
You challenge me almost daily. I don't mean this badly; but you are teaching that I don't AlWAYS have the answer for my kiddos. Therefore, I really need to be a Mama of prayer that is continually seeking wisdom on how to raise you. These days, I'm sure in hindsight will be easy in comparison to the years that lie ahead of us.
I am SO grateful for you and that I get to be your Mama. Honestly, I have had days where my heart has been broken because I just didn't feel like we were bonding the way I thought we should. I have been tired. Thankfully, we are figuring each other out and I have realized that some bonds take a little more time than others and thats okay! In the end all that matters is that you and I belong together as Mommy and Son! And, I get to snuggle you close each night and really whenever I want because God has seen fit to let me be your Mommy and I love you always through the tears and smiles.

All My Love,
Mommy

No comments: