*

*

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Our New Mexican Travels

Well, this is my first ‘blog’ since I have turned 27-can you already sense the new maturity?! My birthday was okay for being on the road-Joseph took me to Olive Garden for lunch and he gave me a box set of Lovely perfume! I received many phone calls and text messages wishing me a happy day and I appreciated so many people remembering me.
When I last wrote we were staying in a Motel 6 in Lehi, Utah. After we left there we stayed a night in Moab, Utah-where we realized that our pillows and my favorite Christmas blanket were left behind-sad. While in Moab, we were trying to figure out -where to travel, Farmington or Sante Fe, NM? We decided wherever had the cheapest hotel that we could afford-we really couldn’t afford any hotel; but needed a place to stay. We found a cheap hotel in Sante Fe and called the Pastor in Es Panola to see if we could arrive on Sunday night rather than Monday so we could at least save one night of hotel expense. He agreed!
Sunday we decided to take in services at a church in Sante Fe. The church we stopped in was really a blessing from the Lord. We met the Pastor in between services and he asked if we wanted to present our ministry to his church that evening-of course we wanted to! After the morning service Pastor and his wife took us to lunch at a New Mexican restaurant, where I tried the red chile-which is supposed to be mild; but it still put fire on my tongue-apparently, I have weak taste buds! After lunch the church allowed us to use their prophets chamber for the afternoon, where we took our much needed Sunday afternoon nap! That evening we presented our ministry and received a very generous love offering which basically paid us back for all those hotel stays and gave us a little more! The little more is what allowed us to go to Olive Garden for my birthday-the Lord knew I needed that! Afterwards, Pastor talked to Joseph and invited us to come back on March 1st to be in the services all day, because any missionary that they are going to consider taking on for support they want there on a Sunday-all day! So, pray that God works on March 1st and that this church will take us on for support! The Pastors assistant and wife took us to dinner Sunday night and recapped the Pastor’s sentiments-that it will be in our favor to be there all day on Sunday! It looks very promising-so please, please pray!
We are currently in Es Panola, NM-staying in a prophet’s chamber. The prophet’s chamber is in a church members home, however it has its own private entrance and it is very nice. When Joseph first started deputation he stayed here and presented his ministry to the church here in Es Panola. So, we decided to take in services, so that I could meet the Pastor and church family. God was so good to us once again and blessed us, the church gave us a generous gift of money and the Pastor took us out to breakfast the following morning! And we didn’t even have an official meeting with them! God is so good!
This trip has started out wonderfully, it’s almost like we can feel God working something great in our lives. He keeps answering prayer and His provisions are plenteous. I really believe that God is at work and that our support is going to increase during these next few months! Please continue praying for us, that God will continue to give us good meetings, for safety on the road and for our support to increase!

No comments: