*

*

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sweetheart....its almost Valentines Day!

After leaving Es Panola, New Mexico we went to Grants, NM! It was kind of nice having such a short drive, 2 ½ hours between destinations! (It was also nice, because after learning some information about drivers in NM-I don’t think I want to be on the roads here more than I need to. They say 4 out of every 10 drivers on the interstate is driving under the influence in NM-no wonder I have seen so many roadside memorials.) We were in a church that was planted by an Indian missionary that we met during our last go around on the road. The church put us up in hotel that was within walking distance of Wal-Mart, the place we go to waste a lot of time while on the road! We really enjoyed our time there, especially the fellowship we had with the Pastor and his wife. During our time with them, he took us to Sky City which is the oldest, still inhabited city which is on an Indian reservation-it is said that it existed even before Saint Augustine. The people who live in this city, have no electricity and no working bathrooms. This town is a little money maker for the Indians, as you cannot even enter the city without paying to tour it and if you want to take pictures –with your own camera-you have to pay $10! Needless, to say, we just drove by the city and didn’t do the tour.
Upon leaving Grants on Monday, we stopped in Albuquerque and put ourselves up in a nice hotel for only $36! We had been trying to get a hold of a Pastor in town with a prophet’s chamber; but we never could and he never called us back.
From Albuquerque to Rio Rancho on Tuesday. The church that we were to present our ministry in on Wednesday hosted a Valentines Banquet on Tuesday evening and invited us to join them. It was our 1st sweetheart banquet-which is sweet for me; but Joseph doesn’t get why I think it’s so sweet that we get to go as a married couple-men! Ha! We had a nice time and enjoyed getting to know people from church more personally. On Wednesday we presented our ministry and Joseph preached-it was very evident that God used Joseph, many decisions were made for the Lord. After the services a couple from the church took us to dinner-we had so much fun with them and it was so sweet to meet them. Joseph was at the church a couple years ago single and was put up in the home of a single man at the church well since that time Joseph and that man have both gotten married and that who is we went to dinner with-its neat to see how God works in lives.
So, I still want a Wii; but my practical, growing up side is speaking up and telling me I have better things I could be spending my birthday money on. Sometimes, growing up is hard to do! So, does anyone want to donate a Wii to me, then I won’t have to decide if I should buy one or not! Lol!
Pray for Joseph tomorrow night, February 13th. Joseph will be speaking at a sweetheart banquet for one of our supporting churches. He is kind of nervous about this, as he says, we have only been married a little over a year now and the group he will be speaking to you are older and have been married for many years! The pastor and his wife will be married 52 years this summer-wow! I am sure he will do fine; but if you could just pray for him, that God will give him the right words.
So, if you guessed Texas in my poll you guessed correctly! We will be heading to El Paso on Monday! I am very excited about this trip-I’ve been telling everyone that our trip to Texas will probably be the highlight of my trip as I get to spend a week with one of my very good friends! We are not going to Texas just so I can spend time with my friend-we will be in a mission’s conference as well! Pray that our time at the conference goes well!

Valentines Day is Saturday-don't forget to tell your sweetheart that you love them! This will be our 2nd Valentines Day together and I am hoping that it is better than our first. Our first Valentines Day we were traveling and I was VERY sick with a 103 degree temperature. Joseph and I are hoping that, that didn't set the tone for the Valentine's Days of the future! We will be in Los Lunas, NM on this special day and not really sure if we will be able to do anything special as we will be at the disposal of the Pastor and church of our next meeting!
Once again, God has been so good to us on this trip-we can see God’s hand on so many things in this trip and we pray that His hand will be right there to guide us-which it will if we continue to let Him guide us. I cannot express this enough, please pray for our safety on the road and for increased support-we anxiously await the day we gain 100% of our support and can leave for Norway!

No comments: