*

*

Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Week Later....

Well, me and my sweetheart can say we have been to, two Valentines Day banquets and he spoke at our second. On Friday, the 13th, we attended a Valentine Banquet that was hosted by a supporting church in Los Lunas, NM. Joseph spoke at the banquet and did a good job. It was a fun evening where we played many games, one of which was the Newlywed game and we did not win; but it was close, I think we lost by 3! We had different opinions of the most romantic thing he has ever done for me, repair jobs and if he hears me when I ask him a question! Ha!
On Saturday we joined the church for visitation. I went with the Pastor’s wife and Joseph went with Pastor, it was a good day-with one saved! Okay, it was good until visitation was coming to an end and we were all sharing the results. While sitting there, just minding my own business, Pastor informed me that I would be singing a special on Sunday, while playing the piano! I immediately started to laugh and was like, yeah right-I can’t sing! Apparently, Joseph told Pastor that I can sing beautiful-totally not true; but Pastor would not let me out of it. So, on Sunday I sang, “Little is Much”-one of my favorite songs and a pretty one to, well at least it was until last Sunday! I received compliments, I don’t know if the people were just being nice or if they really meant it!
Sunday services were very good-we enjoyed our time with Pastor and his wife! They took us to lunch and it was so much fun watching a couple who has been married for 52 years interact together! Pastor and his wife were so sweet to us, the Pastor’s wife gave me a gift card to purchase a new purse because she could see the current purse I have with me is not really a good ‘travel’ purse!
Monday, it was on to El Paso-the day I have been waiting for since last August when we scheduled the meeting! And, I must admit my time in El Paso was worth the wait-I had a wonderful time! While there I spent most of the week with a close friend from college-it was great to be able to spend that personal time with her and talk in person and not over the phone for once! It was also neat to see her and her husband in the ministry God has called them to, as her husband is the assistant pastor at the church we were in the mission’s conference for. The church treated us so well, they gave us a generous love offering, visa gift cards for both Joseph and I, a gift bag full of goodies and petty cash! The church has a large membership; but I felt that we still were able to get to know many people personally through fellowship and dinner. Each night a family from the church took us to dinner and for the most part the food was delicious! However, we did have one interesting experience…a spinach/raspberry/seaweed salad! Can I emphasize the word, “GROSS,” with each bite I had to swallow it down with a swig of Sprite. Never again, on my own accord, will I ever put that in my own mouth again!
We are now in Sante Fe, New Mexico once again. We were here a few weeks ago and the Pastor invited us back for a formal meeting. In a past blog if you recall, I asked that you keep this meeting on Sunday in prayer, as there is a strong possibility that they will take us on for support!
Once we leave here we will be off to Colorado for a home mission’s conference! I have never been to Colorado so this will be fun! What I am hoping for is that between now and then we get some good love offerings, so that maybe, just maybe we can afford to stop in Steamboat Springs, Colorado for a night after the home mission’s conference! I have wanted to visit Steamboat Springs for years, if we get to go we will probably only be able to afford one night as the cheapest hotel room we can find available there is $90!
Hopefully, my next blog will be more on time unlike this one! Thanks for reading and for your interest in our lives!

No comments: