*

*

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Homemade Baby Wipes

So, as I have mentioned many times in the past I am addicted to Pinterest! Very addicted! Well, my latest find on there was homemade baby wipes and since I was nearing the end of mine, I decided it was time to make my own! After all I already had the supplies at home: baby wash, baby oil, paper towel and water! This would definitely be a savings! I tried to follow the recipe I was given but ended up kind of making up my own, ha! Can I just say how much I love them more than store bought baby wipes? Yep, I love them a whole lot more! Klayton is very prone to diaper rash and if he sits in a dirty diaper for even the shortest amount of time he always ends up red and stays that way through the next 2-3 diaper changes. However, since I have been using the homemade wipes this doesn't happen, the red is always gone by the next diaper change! I can tell its definitely better for his skin and yes even better than store bought wipes that are made for sensitive skin! And usually I can get away way using only 1 wipe per dirty diaper; but there have been a few cases where I needed more!
This is what I did!
1. Took a paper towel roll and cut it in half with a butcher knife. I used one half now and put the other half up for next time!
2. I poured 1 cup warm water, squirted a few shots of baby wash and baby oil in the water and put it in a small rubber maid plastic container.
3. The paper towels, about half of the roll were already in the container and soaked the mixture up very quickly so I put the rest of the paper towels in and repeated step 2.
4. The towels seemed to need a little more moisture so I ended up adding another 1/2 cup of water and a couple more shots of baby oil and wash!
I am sure you can find an exact recipe online, at pinterest or anywhere for that matter! I just had to share...oh, another thing I haven't had to use any diaper rash cream in a week! Yay!

No comments: