*

*

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Oh the Madness with a Sunburn...

Does the madness ever cease?! Probably not! Oh well, so I will just keep moving along with the madness! This past week has been great fun, filled with much busyness!
This past weekend we had some girlfriends of mine over for homemade pizza and to play the wii! I was very excited to have them over and to try a homemade barbecue chicken pizza as I had never made that before; but was very hungry for it! Unfortunately, my 1st batch of dough in the bread maker flopped and so I had to restart the process and keep the girls waiting for dinner for another two hours; but when it finally came time to eat we enjoyed the barbecue chicken pizza…but maybe it was because we were SO hungry! Ha! In spite of my pizza fiasco we had a great time together! I just love friends!
On Monday, Joseph and I painted parking lanes and numbered parking spots for an apartment complex in Lennox-which is just south of where we live. Three hours and two sunburns later, Joseph went off to golf nine holes with his new driver and I went and spent the afternoon with a friend! I have just been so thankful for the time I have been able to spend with friends this past week! I don’t get to have much ‘girl’ time so I really cherish those times! Especially when it involves, chocolate chip bagels and frozen caramel drinks from Panera Bread!
However with the fun came much housework…I have decided that dishes are a never ending chore and that laundry can become a very long chore! But, I also learned a secret to housework-at least for the bedroom, if you just make your bed it looks like you did ten times more than just that! At the beginning of summer I had been hoping to continue my full time job that I had last summer; but as summer wears on I am so thankful that I was not able to have that full time job for the summer! There is just always so much to do around the apartment, plus the odd jobs that we are already doing and I have also had the opportunity to work on my scrapbooks-which is my favorite hobby; but something I am so behind in doing! It also looks like I will be picking up a tutoring job this summer as well, so I think I am keeping plenty busy!
We still have around a month left at home before we have to get back on the road. We will be gone for a week in August at my parents, Joseph will be filling in for my dad at his church while my family is on vacation. And then we leave around the 25th to be on the road until sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas….oh my!
What will be taking place in our lives during the next week? Tomorrow my parents come for an overnight visit and I’m going to lunch with a friend as well! Next Thursday, I have a lovely doctor’s appointment to look forward to! Ha! Um…and who really knows what will happen from here to there!

No comments: