*

*

Monday, November 30, 2009

Almost Home

I get to go home on Thursday! Can you tell that I am very excited about this?! We get to be home for about seven weeks, due to the holidays, our anniversary, etc! Simply we are in need of much needed rest from our travels!
Since I got that news out of the way, I can now 'brief' you on our lives over the last couple of weeks. I really can't remember the order of which things have happened now...but we were able to have a meeting with my good friends, the Metsingers! It was so fun catching up with them and being able to meet their third child a year after he was born! Good times! Joseph also had a new experience, we had a meeting with a hispanic ministry and Joseph had to preach using a translator! I think he did a good job with the translator, he said that he kept losing his train of thought...you know because of having to say a sentence and then letting the translator speak! But, it was good!
We celebrated Thanksgiving with my parents since we were with his parents last year. We have decided that we will trade off Thanksgivings with our parents; but Christmas will always be at our place. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving, stuffed ourselves fat-I mean aren't you supposed to get fat on Thanksgiving?! If not please send me the memo for next year so that I don't eat as much. My one complaint though about Thanksgiving? Football! Seriously, is America really that thankful for football that it has to be on all day on Thanksgiving?! I'm not thankful for Thanksgiving!
During our time with my parents, Joseph was able to play basketball with some guys from the church while my mom and I went shopping! It was a great time and Joseph realized that yes, he really is aging, because for the first time in a long time he was very sore from playing basketball.
Christmas is right around the corner and I am happy to say we just have one more Christmas present to buy and then we are done with our Christmas shopping! If you remember a few weeks ago, I shared that I was having a difficult time finding the 'perfect' gift for my mother in law-well, I can't tell you what it is; but we found her the perfect gift and we are pretty convinced that she will like it! I love Christmas and on a side note make sure you have the volume turned on your computer because I have attached Christmas music to my blog!
Well, until next time, have fun Christmas shopping!

No comments: