*

*

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Where Did the Time Go?

Wow! It has been over a month since my last post, we finally have internet access. It seems we have either stayed in prophets chambers with no internet or hotels that charge you to use their internet and we refuse to pay to use their internet! When we have had internet access it has been very short periods of time and just long enough for us to check other necessities besides my blog. I do hope that in spite of my unfaithfulness to my blog that I have not lost the faithfulness of my readers.
So, where has the last month and a few days taken us? From Oklahoma to Iowa, Iowa to Arkansas, Arkansas to Oklahoma, Oklahoma to Wyoming and Wyoming to Oklahoma! Hopefully that makes sense! We left Oklahoma in the beginning of October and went off to Wichita, Kansas for a Sunday meeting! After leaving there it was to Nicoma Park, Oklahoma-the first of 3 missions conferences that we would be in during a 12 day period. While in Nicoma Park we were able to make some new missionary friends, which is always great when you are on the deputation trail! We had a great time there, even the water in the 5th wheel that we were staying in stunk up until the last day we were there! From Nicoma Park we took off to Glenwood, Iowa to be in another missions conference! We were at a church pastored by, Ben Quinlan, a guy I went to college with and it was great to see him and his wife! Joseph and I had such a great time with them that we did not want to leave and it wasn't just because of the wonderful home they put us in that was heated by a wood stove and smelled wonderful! It was also because of the sweet fellowship we enjoyed with them. Once leaving Glenwood we took off to Fort Dodge, Iowa to be in our last missions conference during that 12 days! In Fort Dodge we were able to reconnect with Jason and Tina Harris, missionaries to the Mormons that we have met in the past and we had a great time with them as well as being able to see Trevor, a kid, from Joseph's parents church that is more like Joseph's little brother than simply a friend! Seeing them was a great highlight of that missions conference and we enjoyed our time there at the conference.
Relief, after 12 straight days in church was needed! Yes, I said relief! Don't get me wrong, I love being in church; but for us missionaries it can be work sometimes! Haha! After Fort Dodge we were able to spend some time with my parents and simply relax-it was great! We had a week off from meetings, so we spent time with my parents and were able to go home for a couple of days which was great despite me not feeling well at all!
During our time with my parents, we got a phone call from Andy Stellpflug, a friend of ours from a supporting church in Wyoming. Andy and his wife Theresa invited us to Wyoming for a few days so Joseph and Andy could go hunting! So, it was planned that after a meeting scheduled in Little Rock, Arkansas we would drive to Oklahoma City and fly out to Wyoming for five days! This was such an encouragement to us and came at just the right time...we praise the Lord for His "little" love notes He gives us along the way.
Joseph and I had a blast in Wyoming! Joseph was able to go hunting and while he personally didn't catch anything-he had a fun time! I was also able to make homemade pizza-which Joseph and I had been so hungry for and I think it was a hit with Andy and his family! And Joseph was able to preach on Wednesday night for the church! It was great to get away and visit Andy, Theresa, their family, Pastor Jupp, his family and the church-they have all become more like family to us!
Currently, we are in Talihina, Oklahoma for a Sunday meeting! Since we have been back on the road in August, we have picked up two more supporting churches and hopefully we will pick up more before making our way home in December!
I wish I could spend more time making this post more personal; but if I did that the post would be forever and a day long...so, hopefully I will be back for 10 on Tuesday!

No comments: