*

*

Friday, December 18, 2009

1 Week!

Yes, a week from today will be Christmas day! So, much to happen between now and then. I have recently sent out a Christmas letter and plan on posting it on here next week along with the self portrait of Joseph and I!
Currently, Joseph and I are at my parents. Joseph laid some carpet for my dad at their church in two sunday school rooms and I helped a little!! Joseph will also be preaching for my dad Sunday night. While here, my mom and I plan on doing some baking-I have been in the mood to bake and just haven't done it. I guess I don't see the point in baking when I have a husband who doesn't particularly like sweets and I definitely don't need to eat it all by myself! I think we are going to make some Andes mint cookies, fudge, white chocolate fudge, orange creamsicle fudge and sugar cookies! Mmm!!
This past week, I finally made home made pizza for the first time since we have been home! I was disappointed with the crust; but I still got rave reviews from Joseph and our good friends Eric and Deanna! We had a great time with them eating pizza and enjoying a good Christmas movie, "The Christmas Shoes". I really am thankful for the friends that God gives to us!
All my Christmas shopping is done! All that is left is buying the finishing touches for Christmas dinner! On Christmas Eve, Joseph and I will make homemade pizza for dinner, watch a Christmas movie and open our stockings! Christmas day, we will get up and enjoy a cold cappuccinno, read the Christmas story, exchange gifts and have my family over for Christmas dinner and more gifts! I am excited for our 2nd Christmas together, as a married couple...still have to iron out our own Christmas traditions!
I haven't been able to do any scrapbooking since I have been home and I am anxiously looking forward to having a good scrapbook day! My friend Deanna and I are bothing dreaming of the Cricut Expression and conspiring about all that we could do with it and how it would motivate us to do some serious scrapbooking! I don't think we have her husband convinced yet though and Joseph doesn't really care! So, yes I better start saving my money! But, nonetheless, I really do need to get more serious-I'm still working on my honeymoon scrapbook and I have so many other scrapbooks that need to be started! My mom keeps trying to convince me to pick up another hobby, like crochet...but since scrapbooking is an expensive hobby and one that I love to do so much I would rather devote my money and time to that! And, besides Joseph has informed me that crochet is an old lady hobby and yes my mom knows that he says this! Over the years, I have picked up other hobbies like candle making, cross stitch, latch hook...but those have all fallen to the wayside and scrapbooking has stood strong!
Well, it looks like its time to play Scrabble with my parents! We should finish the game within three hours...we are kind of diehard Scrabble players-we play to win...well until Tuesday!

No comments: