*

*

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Tomorrow

Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow is only a day away! Yay! Obviously, tomorrow is a big day-I'm going home! So, since I know that we will be busy traveling and getting settled back in at home, I wanted to be sure and update you all!
We are currently in Marshalltown, Iowa for our last meeting of this trip! We arrived here at 3:30 and immediately fell in love with the Pastor and the church, before we had even met them! Why? Because we are staying in a hotel suite...now, what do I mean by suite?! A hot tub suite! Wow! Well, we were just so excited about this and have been taking complete advantage of the hot tub! When we arrived to our meeting, we thanked the Pastor over and over again and again. He was looking at us like we were out of our minds! He didn't get us the suite-the hotel upgraded us, just because! I almost feel like writing a thank you note to the hotel! Needless to say, this was a great way to end our trip before going home! God is so good in showing us His love!
Before we came to Marshalltown we said goodbye to my parents until Christmas-when hopefully they will be coming to our place! So, we spent most of yesterday and some of today in Fort Dodge, Iowa with Trevor! Now, I need to make sure that I don't call him a kid in this post, I called him that in an earlier post and apparently that is very offensive since he will be 18 in March! We had a great time with him! During our visit with him, my eyes became very opened to some things. Actually, over the course of the last few weeks, I am just becoming more aware of how people watch certain people. Thankfully, God has allowed me to be the right example in most cases-not to brag. But, a few weeks ago someone paid me the compliment of being a good wife and always backing my husband. (They shared that missionary wives in the past that had come to their church, sometimes blatantly disagreed with their husbands in public or would start shaking their heads during the sermon showing their irritation concerning things their husband may have said). I realize it is not always necessary to disagree with your husband and sometimes in my flesh I tend to disagree with him just because. Of course I try not to do that in public and I realized the good testimony it portrays when you show an obvious support for your husband. We need to be unified and when people look at us as a couple they should see unity. And then during our visit with Trevor he was talking about marriage and how he has realized that when the time comes he needs to be wise and seek counsel concerning a wife, because marriage is forever. Well, he told Joseph that he hopes to find a wife like me someday. That was very flattering; but at the same time humbling. I need to be a good wife not only in public; but in private as well. It makes me even more desire to become the right kind of wife and person that I need to be in the Lord. Praise the Lord for humbling moments and the reminders He gives us along the way!
Well, when we get home I am sure we will be quite busy unpacking, getting settled in once again and there is that daunting task of grocery shopping! Ugh! Our cupboards are bare and I don't even know where to begin with a grocery list, needless to say we will be eating out tomorrow and hopefully Friday I will have some time to grocery shop so I can 'relearn' the art of cooking and make delicious meals for my husband! So, until we meet again...have fun Christmas shopping!

No comments: