*

*

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Home, sweet home! We have been home for one week now and I am loving it! We have been very busy: unpacking, setting up the Christmas tree, grocery shopping, catching up with friends, dishes, laundry….where and when does the madness end?
Yes, that was a brief summary and now for the full summary! Ha! We arrived home last Thursday and just unpacked everything! It was great to sleep in my own bed that night and rest up for the daunting task of grocery shopping the following morning. Grocery shopping is hard to do, when you have barren cupboards and it took me about two hours to get it all done! So, after the task we had to treat ourselves to Panera Bread and enjoy a frozen caramel for myself and a frozen mocha for Joseph!
Friday night I was able to attend the ladies Christmas party at my home church. It was fun, in spite of hitting the bike rack as I headed to the party. I cracked the front bumper of the van and was very scared to tell Joseph…I strongly considered having the ladies pray for me! Thankfully, I imagined his reaction to be worse than it was! He wasn’t mad at all-in fact it made us even since he broke my reindeer! Though, he does tease me that I owe him a new van since he replaced my reindeer.
Saturday, we were able to set up the Christmas tree! I should post some pictures and plan to do so later! We also had my sister over that night for pizza and movies-it was a great way to end our day.
I am suddenly realizing that you probably do not want a play by play of each of my day since I have been home! Oh well! Needless to say, and once again we have already enjoyed our time home-especially, our time with friends! Tuesday, we were able to spend our evening with some good friends and had a great time over dinner with them. We even had fun when it was time to go and we all got our vehicles snuck in the snow drifts! I tried to take pictures of the guys “rescuing” our vehicles; but the snow was coming down so fast that it was hard to get a clear picture! Apparently, snow was our welcome home gift because we have been told that it hadn’t snowed yet this season until we arrived home! And, believe me I did not bring the snow home with me…you can blame Joseph for that one!
Since being home for Christmas, we have also finished our Christmas shopping and I now just have to finish doing the wrapping! I’m ready for Christmas! “Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas…”

No comments: