*

*

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Praying for Answers

Monday morning I will be going in for an ultrasound on my gall bladder. A couple weeks ago, while at my grandparents in Wisconsin. I started getting a severe back ache. My Grandpa and Joseph went and bought me a heating pad, with that, Tylenol and the use of my grandparents whirlpool-I found relief. I spent the following day sitting with a heating pad, then from out of nowhere it seemed the back pain came on with a vengeance. I couldn't sleep, I sat in the shower every hour for 20 minutes at a time with water as hot as I could stand. The pain was so intense that I was vomiting and I found no relief. Morning came and Joseph took me to acute care. I told them that I thought I had a UTI. They found bacteria; but didn't seem convinced that it was a UTI. However, they treated it like it was one and three days later I was better.
Yesterday, (Friday) I woke up with back pain that I could tell was already on the path to becoming unbearable once again. I took a hot shower, sat on the heating pad for a hour, took Tylenol and meds that had been prescribed while in Wisconsin. That afternoon, my doctor was able to work me in for an office visit. Her conclusion: it's my gall bladder and I might need to have it removed. So, until then no greasy foods or fatty foods-I've been wanting to lose weight and it looks like this diet change will help me get on track! So maybe, there is a bright side?! Lol!
On a side note: my doctor went ahead and did my post partum check and besides the gall bladder everything looks great!

No comments: