*

*

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

11 Months

Klayton you are 11 Months Old!



This Month You:
*Took your first ferry ride
*Went on your first bike ride…mommy was the one to bike you around Mackinaw Island-an 8 mile long ride! Whew!
*Visited Maryland for the first time
*Got your first goose egg, right on your forehead. Poor guy.
*Moved you out of your baby stroller into an umbrella stroller.
*Lowered your crib to its very last notch
*Moved from Harrisburg to Canton
*Said Dad



You:
*Weigh 19 lbs 2 oz
*29 ½ inches long
*Wear 12 month clothes, you can still fit into 6-9 and 9 month clothes as well.
*Wear size 3 diapers
*Wear size 3 shoes
*Try to stand on your own, you have succeeded a few times
*Walk with assistance
*Cutting tooth number 9 and 10
*Favorite vegetable, squash-hands down
*Still love to eat peaches
*Love to eat yogurt
*Working on the sippy cup; however, I don’t think this is going to be an easy task-you love your bottle
*Love to grab and pull at things, unfortunately sometimes its mamas hair and you pull harder than you might think!
*Have been slightly clingy to mommy, especially when you first wake up.
*Love to play on the slides at the park and you love to swing*Still soaking everything in and therefore don’t hand out smiles as freely
*Were still working on getting you to chew before you swallow so we can introduce table foods; but we have introduced mashed banana, which you choked on and threw up.
*Very ticklish under your ribs
*You love to be “dropped”
*Are very stubborn
*Starting to test your boundaries of what you can and cannot get into
*Love to stand
*Crawl everywhere
*You can't seem to sit still for anything
*You love to watch Marley and Me, The Puppy Years



Lil Lug,
Mama is having some emotional moments just thinking about you turning a year next month. Today I’m saying 11 months, tomorrow a year and the following day I will be saying 11 years old….okay I know it won’t be that fast; but it wouldn’t surprise me. I find myself reminiscing every day about the time we have already had with you! But, right now I’m just going to reflect on your last month of life and the moments that pull at my heart strings. Were at the first of many stages of mama having to step back and let you “learn to stand on your own”. This month I mean it quite literally, I could run to your rescue and help you stand on your own to avoid getting hurt; but if I do that, you will never learn what is necessary. I have a feeling, its just going to get harder and harder for me to keep back and let you learn…of course I will always be here to help guide you along when you need it, and even in those moments when you don’t think you need guidance! Klayton, just bear with me this month as I shed a few tears and hold you, kiss you, hug you even more than I already do…next month this post will be saying, “Klayton you are 1!”
Love You, No Matter What,
Mama

No comments: