*

*

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Mini Vacation

About 2 weeks ago, Joseph's parents took us on a mini vacation to Mackinaw Island/Bridge!
It was a lot of fun! Klayton experienced lots of firsts on this trip! We had to take a ferry to the island...
And the ferry ride put my baby to sleep!
Once we got to the island, we decided to take a bike ride! An 8 mile bike ride around the island!
It wasn't like we could drive around the island anyway...the only transportation you will see is on foot, on bicycle or by horse! KInd of neat if you ask me!
Taxi anyone?
We also visited Tequendaman Falls? I know that is not the right spelling...
And, I should mention that while at the falls, Joseph and his parents tried to convince me to go on a 5 mile hike...I know I need to lose some weight; but seriously I thought I was supposed to be on vacation?? Ha! And in my spare time of bike riding, walking the shops, crossing the Mackinaw Bridge, finding the best pizza place, eating fudge, climbing the Tower...I grew a beard!
A beard that my husband doesn't quite know what to think about...
And my child...well, he's probably thinking, "I have to put up with this kind of behavior for the next 18 years?!"
And thats a wrap...finally!

No comments: