*

*

Friday, March 21, 2014

6 Pounds, Diet Rite and GD

Today marks the end of week two in my journey with GD (gestational diabetes). I am officially 30 weeks 5 days and saw my doctor for the first time since the diagnosis this past Monday. My numbers were looking great and he told me to keep it up! Those words were SO encouraging to hear because I feel like I need to obtain perfection in this diet and that I just keep falling short in some way or another. In the last two weeks I have lost 6 lbs.-he said that is to be expected due to the diet changes. So, I am only 6 lbs heavier than I was pre-pregnancy. Crazy!
When I saw my doctor for the first time since learning that I have GD I knew to expect something more from the appointment than normal; but didn't expect to hear as much as I did! For starters, I don't think I really considered that GD is high risk because it seems to be so common now a days. I learned that starting at week 32, I will begin visiting the OB floor at the hospital for NST (stress test on baby) and I will receive once a month ultrasounds! I must admit I am thrilled that I get to see Justus a couple more times via ultrasound! Between, my doctor, the dietitian, ultrasounds and visits to the OB floor I will definitely be getting around at the hospital and I am sure either I will be sick of seeing them or they will get sick of seeing me! Ha! I also went into my doctor realizing that I have 10 weeks to go until due date; but left the office with only 9 weeks to due date! Say what?! If Justus does not come on his own by week 39 I will be induced. I am however, praying that I go into labor on my own, it is one thing I have been really hopeful for in this pregnancy. If you wouldn't mind praying with me on that!
Since being on my new diet it seems the only drink of choice is my Propel water. I like it but its getting old. I can drink diet pop in moderation; but I really prefer to avoid that because of the aspartame-though I have given in less than 5 times. Tonight I discovered that sometimes things that you just know are going to be awful aren't that bad because you just want something different...I experienced my first sip of Diet Rite! Now don't get me wrong, its not going to be my beverage of choice once I deliver this baby boy; but for now it will do...in moderation of course!

No comments: