*

*

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Exploring Art

Living in a small town there doesn't always seem to be much entertainment for a 3 year old. We had heard that there was a children's museum in Sioux City; but upon calling them discovered that they were not yet opened. However, the person I spoke to offered some free suggestions for where to take a 3 year old...one of which was an art museum! I was told that they had an art room specifically for kids. To be honest, I would never consider taking Klayton to an art museum because to me you would think it is for adults with exquisite taste! But, it was something to do and free-who can pass up free?! So, off we went to The Sioux City Art Museum. We were not disappointed! We spent at least an hour there and could have easily spent more time there!
There was a huge wall with magnetic shapes to build creations with! This wall reached from the floor to the ceiling and we all enjoyed making a creation of our own on it!
Legos! Klayton loves Legos and they had this awesome Lego house!
A mirror to draw a self portrait on! They had dry erase markers available for this activity. Something different and maybe something to even try at home?
Blocks, I believe these blocks were to recreate a person or an animal-I can't really remember; but Klayton enjoyed building with the blocks!
Have I ever mentioned how Klayton already loves technology? So, this little computer center was right up his alley!
I can't really remember what activities these next two pictures represent; so they get to be grouped together and suffice it to say they were just as fun!
I do believe that we will be revisiting the art center again and we are never too young to enjoy the arts!

No comments: