*

*

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Final Weeks...

It is hard to believe that I am in the final weeks of pregnancy! Wow! Sometimes it feels like my pregnancy dragged on for forever; but then other days it feels like we just announced that I was pregnant yesterday! Nonetheless, I am so excited that God gave me the gift of pregnancy-a baby in MY tummy! There was a time, I never thought I would be able to enjoy this gift of life, that I would only long for and dream for it. Now, I enjoy this gift as he twists, turns, rolls, jabs, kicks….in my belly! What an amazing feeling to know that God is allowing me the privilege to carry this life within and the privilege to raise this child! Klayton is truly an answer to prayer!
As I prepare for child birth, fear is no longer my number one driving factor as I approach it. I admit there is definitely some apprehension-I have never done this before and have no clue what to expect! I’m just ready to get it all over with so I can enjoy the reward at the end-my baby boy! I find it funny though, especially as I draw closer to the time how the opinions of how I should experience my personal labor are being expressed more than ever. My friend Lindsay and I were texting about this yesterday…we decided that the advice is never going to end; but just because we do it one way and another chooses a different way, doesn’t mean either of us are wrong we just have different preferences. I am to the point where, I have my birth plan…discussed it with my doctor…have researched out my ideas and have peace with how I plan to proceed and hope to proceed if everything goes according. Not everyone is going to agree with my choices; but that is okay because at the end of the day…whether I use pain medications or not, if I birth at home or at the hospital, if I use a midwife or a doctor…I still experienced child birth-the miracle of bringing someone into this world!

P.S. I am going to try and post pics of my baby shower; but the internet is being really slow right now, so it may or may not work!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oooo! Love this post! So true!!! I was telling someone the other day how much I LOVE feeling Hudson move around and they told me to just wait and give it time and it will become annoying! I hope I don't ever feel like it's annoying. Uncomfortable? You would probably say yes I'm sure :) But annoying? I am so thankful to experience it! Love you friend!

Sarah said...

Ugh!! I know exactly what you mean! Everyone seems to have their opinion when it comes to childbirth. Here's my opinion (hehe!) -- keep an open mind! Even with the perfect birth plan things don't always go as planned! But whatever YOU decide is your decision and don't let anyone make you feel bad for that decision! Can't wait to see pics of that little guy!