*

*

Saturday, May 21, 2011

7 Months

Klayton you are 7 months old...where is the time going?

This month:
*You attended your Uncle Calebs wedding.
*Took a road trip to Oklahoma with Grandma and Grandpa Thrasher...of course we went along as well!
*Went in a pool for the first time.
*We discovered you are allergic to carrots.
*Met yet another set of adopted grandparents, the Goforths!
(This picture was taken last week!)

You:
Weigh 15 lbs 6 oz
*Are 26 1/2 inches in length.
*Wear size 2 diapers.
*Wear 6-9 month clothing, some 3-6 and 6-12 depending on the style and who makes the brand.
*Love taking baths...I think you are going to be a water baby. When we took you in the pool you kept sticking your head quickly into the water and back out with a smile on your face.
*Two top teeth popped through, giving you 4 teeth altogether.
*You usually sleep from 10-7.
*Still hate tummy time and prefer to sit up whenever possible.
*Love to chat.
*Love playing with your toys.
*You like it when daddy and I fly you through the air.
*You are STILL a flirt!
*You have a fascination with my lips...you are always touching them, grabbing them and pinching them.
*I think you are finally beginning to like your cereal...Grandma Thrasher found you apple rice cereal and you seem to really like it. You also like sweet potatoes and green beans!
*You love going for walks in your stroller.
*When we take you to restaurants you now sit in the high chair.
*You love the outdoors.
*You are always so happy and always have a smile to share.
*If something is within reach and you want it, you will be sure to grab it!
*When you decide you are done eating your cereal or other baby food you lock your lips in such a way that there is no way of me getting that spoon in! I don't know where you get your stubborn streak from! ha!

Dear Chunky Monkey,
It still amazes me that God has blessed me with you. I'm loving these days with you and while I would love to keep you a baby forever...I know its not possible! I also know that you are going to love discovering how to crawl and being able to be on the move!
I must admit this month you made me cry...kind of hurt my feelings. I was holding you and you just started crying, wouldn't even open your eyes to look at me. I tried everything to soothe you and nothing worked. So, daddy said he would give it a try. As soon as he pulled you onto his lap you opened your eyes, stopped crying and gave me the biggest grin...it wasn't so much that you wanted daddy-it was that grin. It was as if you were laughing at me. I realize that most of the time its me you cry for; but if you decide to cry for daddy, please don't grin at me like that okay? Mommy can't handle it.
With each month that passes it reminds me that we are that much closer to your first birthday...I'm glad its still five months away because I am so not ready for that day. I want to keep you my baby forever...don't worry I know that I can't and I won't as I said I am just loving these days and most importantly I'm loving you and loving that I GET to be your mommy!
Love Ya, Babycakes,
Mama

No comments: