*

*

Monday, February 11, 2013

Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings

I can successfully check off day 2 of a week of new recipes! I realize some may be thinking, "chicken and dumplings, new?" It's true, until today I had never made chicken and dumplings! Of course I've ate it; but its been years since I've even had it! Thankfully, this recipe was a success! I think my husband going back for 3rds is what classifies it as success!

Chicken and Dumplings

Ingredient Checklist:
•4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
•2 tablespoons butter
•2 small cans cream of chicken soup
•1 small can chicken broth
•1 onion diced (I used a 1/4 of one)
•1 tablespoon dried parsley
•4 grands flaky refrigerator biscuits (I used five)


Directions:
Put the chicken, butter, cream of chicken, chicken broth, parsley and onions in the crock pot and cook on high for four to six hours. Mine only needed five, and probably didn’t even need that much.
As the chicken cooks and gets tender, break it up with a spoon or fork, whatever.
Get your biscuits and cut them into nine pieces. I kind of rolled them into balls to ensure they stayed whole but it’s not necessary. Stir into chicken mixture and cook for another hour.

1 comment:

Lauren Danforth said...

I love the biscuits so much I usually use the whole can!