*

*

Saturday, May 18, 2013

It's Potty Time

Is there life outside of potty training? If so I don't have much recollection of it...Tuesday I started potty training Klayton.
What made me start? 1.) On occasion when he needs a diaper change he will indicate it to me. 2.) If I or Joseph makes indication that we need to visit the bathroom he will show us to the bathroom, point to the toilet and leave us to do our business.
My plan of attack:
Day 1: literally pump the kid full of water! The morning was not very successful; but when he woke up from nap to bed time he only had 2 accidents.
Day 2: My child decided he would not drink ANY water! He also decided that sitting on the toilet was the most horrible thing in the world. We had success as well as many failures.
Day 3: We decided that if we were going to do this there would be no turning back. At nap time Klayton threw a fit about wearing a diaper. So I did what I said I would never do...I bought pull ups.
Day 4: No accidents all morning long. So, we became brave and took Klayton into town. While in town he had only 1 accident; but I think it was because it was kind of overwhelming for him in the public bathroom. He also made it through nap time DRY- huge success! All in all on this day there were only 2 accidents! Woohoo!
And today is day 5! Only 1 accident thus far and he made it through nap time dry once again! I think we're getting somewhere.
I am realizing this may be a very slow process as well as a lot of work. We take him every ten minutes. I think he is finally getting to the point of realizing what he's about to do on the potty because he will begin to clap before he begins the deed, now if he would just realize this while he's busy playing! Thankfully there are Reese Pieces to get me by as I reward myself and him for every success!



No comments: