*

*

Friday, August 28, 2009

Travelling On!

Well, if you read 10 on Tuesday, you know that we left on Tuesday morning and we will not be back home until the first week of December. For the most part, I was not at all excited about getting back on the road-I just love being at home. However, the Lord gave me peace of mind on Tuesday and I left our home with no trepedition in my heart. I wasn't concerned about things that I might have forgotten to take care of and such, I was able to just leave and focus only on the trip. On Tuesday we travelled to Overland Park, Kansas and stayed the night at the prophets chamber in the Settle Inn! For dinner, Joseph took me to the Cheesecake Factory-I had never been before. The meals were pricey, in my opinion; but they were delicious. While being there I couldn't refuse a piece of cheesecake, so I enjoyed a slice of Snickers Cheesecake! It was delicious!
Wednesday, we slept in and then headed off to El Reno, Oklahoma where we would have our first meeting of this trip! It was a great first meeting, as the people were very kind to us! Its always nice to start our trip off at a nice church! Joseph was able to present our ministry, we enjoyed dinner with the Pastor's family and a couple of the guys from the church and they filled our gas tank and put us up in a hotel for the night!
Thursday, Joseph and I wondered around Oklahoma City before making our way over to Lindsay and JJ's home-this is where we will be staying for the month inbetween meetings. This is the part of the trip that I am most excited about and for me it is a great way to start off our trip! We really appreciate Lindsay and JJ opening their home to us!
This weekend we were to be in a missions conference; but they cancelled us, so we will be going to church at Southwest Baptist-where I went to church during the years I was at Heartland! I love Southwest, so I am really excited about taking in the services and seeing good friends! And also, Lindsay and I are going to spend some time with our roommate from our freshman year of college and another friend-fun times!

No comments: