*

*

Monday, June 21, 2010

Preggo Friday...Monday

I have been really bad about keeping up with this post, its just so hard when we don't have internet access at home to stay on top of my blog. So, my 22 week update is late because in just 2 days I will be 23 weeks!

Baby Progress:

At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

My Progress:

How far along? 22 1/2 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: +7 lbs.
How much does baby weigh? 14 oz
Symptoms: Pregnancy brain, emotional, backaches, tummy stretch aches!
Maternity clothes? Pretty much everything.
Stretch marks? unfortunately yes, 3 small ones and they came after I decided to start using cocoa butter! go figure!
Sleep: Pretty good if I don't have to make those frequent potty breaks!
Best moment this week: when Joseph was able to feel Klayton's love tap!
Food cravings: powdered donettes, cherry limeades from Sonic!
Food aversions: chicken!
Gender: boy! Klayton Matthew!
Labor signs: way to early for this.
Belly Button - in or out? in.
What I miss: Cherry Coke-though I must admit I can drink caffeine; but its my goal to make it through with very little caffeine and if I give in to the cherry coke, I will fall very fast!
What I am looking forward to: getting settled into our new townhouse and putting his crib up!
Milestones: I am now officially 1/2 way through my pregnancy!

3 comments:

Mel said...

Ok, so I'm 98% sure that I saw you at Teapot days. I was a vendor- jewelry- like the last row over, across from another jewelry vendor, the pregnant lady baking in the sun (I feel like an arthritic penguin today... sunburn and pregnancy waddle!)... anyway, I had a few people in my tent, so I wasn't completely sure... but yes. Hi!, a little late, if it was you & your hubby!

Kendra said...

Melissa, we were at Teapot Days-so it very well could have been us! I was wearing a black shirt and green skirt...By the time we got to the last row of booths, I was hot and not really enjoying walking around anymore-I can't handle the heat very well anymore! I wish I would have realized it was you-that would have been neat!

Mel said...

Yes! It was you! Wow, the small world got even smaller! :)