*

*

Monday, December 5, 2011

Bedtime Adventures

We have a tradition in our family to sleep under the lights of the Christmas tree at least once during the Christmas season.  So, last night we made a huge pallet on the living room floor and snuggled in as a family. What a sweet time together, yet I don't see us wanting to do it again this Christmas season. During the night I wake up to the sound of Klayton fussing.  I "wake up" as much as I can, considering its the middle of the night and within a minutes time I'm fully awake as I realize that my child who was snuggled next to me when we dozed off was missing.  And for that matter he couldn't even be found on our pallet; but I can still hear him fussing.  My eyes started searching the room and discovered him walking across the room! Oh my word, if he could only talk and tell me what he was doing. I quickly brought him back to the pallet and the rest of the night involved me becoming pillow less as he took over the pillow and most of my covers and being pushed into the bookcase.  Oh, the adventures of a one year old....

No comments: