*

*

Friday, March 12, 2010

Preggo Friday!

If everything goes right and I actually do it on time, I have decided to deem Friday's, Preggo Friday! A weekly update of how my little "firefly" is developing and how I am feeling. I stole the progress report of how I am doing from another blog and the questions probably don't all apply at first; but it will still be fun!

Week 8-My Baby:
Though you might not feel it, your baby, now about the size of a kidney bean (8-11 mm), is moving inside of you! Your baby’s facial features become more obvious this week, as his lips, tongue, nostrils, and buds for teeth have developed. His arms and legs are growing, elbows and knees develop, and his fingers and toes, though still webbed, become visible while any traces of his “tail” are almost entirely gone.
This week, your baby’s bones also begin to harden through a process called ossification. Inside your baby’s brain, nerve cells are branching out creating his first neural pathways. And though it’s still too early to discern your baby’s sex, as any external genital organs have yet to develop, an ultrasound at week 8 could detect the beating of his little heart.

Progress Report:
How far along? 8 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: I haven't weighed myself recently and I have a feeling that I don't really want to!
How much does baby weigh?
Symptoms: Occasional waves of nausea, tire easily.
Maternity clothes? The Bella Band, I have noticed some of my skirts are beginning to leave button/zipper marks in the skin.
Stretch marks? nope
Sleep: I sleep pretty well; but I wake up achy, however, this could be the result of sleeping on an air mattress this past week.
Best moment this week: Making it another week!
Food cravings: none.
Food aversions: Monday KFC chicken disgusted me; but since then I have ate other chicken just fine! Lasagna was also offered to me, I had it on my plate and when it was time to eat it, I couldn't do it, it suddenly looked very unappetizing.
Gender: Still waiting...
Labor signs: way to early for this.
Belly Button - in or out? in.
What I miss: nothing as of right now, I've waited so long for this.....
What I am looking forward to: my ultrasound next week, can't wait to see that baby is okay!
Milestones:

No comments: