*

*

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Doctors Visits

Yesterday it was time to take Klayton in for his 4 month shots, two months late! It happened that way because we were on the road with meetings when he turned 4 months and my doctor is wonderful, she understands our schedule and doesn't mind working with us.
So, I had been guessing that Klayton would weigh about 16 lbs and I was slightly off, he weighed in at 15 lbs 6 ounces! Which puts him in at the 12 percentile, this might be concerning if it weren't for the fact that he is so active. My doctor said a lot of babies go down in the percentile when they start crawling; but since he's already a mover that is why he is low in the percentile. I just wonder where he will be at in the charts when he does start crawling! He measured in at 26 1/2 inches in length and that measurement puts him at the 50 percentile. She said he looks good and healthy! Yay!
While there I talked to my doctor about Klayton eating cereal. I've now done rice cereal and single grain oatmeal cereal. He doesn't seem to crazy about either even after I have added a little apple juice to it. I was instructed to go ahead and start introducing veggies to see if he would take that and to keep plugging away at it. This morning we decided to introduce peas since he once again didn't want his cereal. Neither Joseph or I like peas and my mom tells me she can still remember the stench of them. Well, apparently we have a one of a kind kid-he loved the peas and willingly opened his mouth for them! What a crazy kid I have!
I also saw the doctor to have what I call, my pregnancy legion removed. While pregnant I had nicked my leg with a razor blade and as a result a bloody looking skin tab grew there. It was disgusting and if I rubbed on it or if it got caught on my skirt hem it would bleed and bleed. My doctor thought it would disappear after I gave birth and much to my dismay it didn't. So, yesterday she removed it, were hoping it doesn't grow back and that the lab results come back fine. She sent it to the lab to make sure its benign-shes positive that it is. Oh the wonderful things that happens to a womans body in pregnancy!

No comments: