*

*

Friday, October 21, 2011

Happy Birthday

My memories of this day last year, are still very vivid and fresh as if it were yesterday.
The way Joseph took our final turn to the hospital, making mean grip the door handle; but I didn't mind-he needed his moment. I remember how the grapes at lunch were not as tasty as they first looked...the blueberry muffin that seemed to make my throat even drier unable to be quenched with Sprite.
I remember begging my nurse to let me use the whirlpool for 10 minutes...I only sat for 3 full minutes of relaxation because my water began to break. I learned that it doesn't always happen in a gush...mine was a trickle.
At 5:45 p.m I started pushing. At one point I contracted for 15 minutes straight. My contractions were stopped and restarted sometime later. I don't have an accurate recollection of time restraints. I would ask my doctor, "how much longer of this?" Her repetitive reply, 15 minutes to which I would look at the clock.to time it and two minutes later I was asking, how much longer.
My most treasured memory of the night came at 7:45 p.m, weighing 6 lbs. 12 oz., my ray of sunshine! I remember hearing my mom exclaim, "oh, Kendra hes precious!" Without my glasses, I was unable to focus; but he was quickly brought to me and his cries ceased, I shared my love with him and sang our song, "You a are my sunshine".
Happy First Birthday Klayton! I'm so glad God saw fit to let me be your mommy!
(sorry, no picture-posting from my phone and it's not cooperating)

No comments: