*

*

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers Day

Today is a day I will always cherish. It's a day that growing up I never considered the possibility of never being able to be a part of. Then in my time of struggling to conceive it became a painful day. When people would wish me, "Happy Mothers Day" or try to give me a gift that I would have to turn down, a wave of sadness would pass over my heart. But, then the questions that would follow, such as "don't you want to be a mom?" My heart would be pricked with hurt. I longed for someone to just give a hug, whisper in my ear that they would pray for God to grant me my desire.
God has since granted me my desire. I have a handsome little 18 month old that I praise the Lord for daily. Each night I thank God for letting me be his mommy. Not everyone is granted this gift. I am thankful for days of dirty diapers, smiles, play time because these are the days I longed for!
Thank you Lord for letting me be a Mommy! And Lord please help my friends who long to be mommy be given their own special blessing today.

No comments: