*

*

Saturday, July 21, 2012

21 Months

Klayton you are 21 months old!
You:
*Wear size 5 diapers!
*Wear size 5-5 1/2 shoes.
*Wear size 18 or 18-24 month clothes.
*Now have chores, you throw your own diapers away when at home. You also help pick up your toys.
*Instead of climbing the stairs you now try to walk up and down them.
*Love to eat cantaloupe and watermelon.
*Special treats that you enjoy are freeze pops and sips of Root Beer!
*Your two favorite dishes are pizza and chicken!
*At night you enjoy a bed time story with daddy!
*Love balls, it doesn't matter if it is a basketball, soccer ball or football!
*Like to watch Little Einstein, apparently your Baby Einstein days are drawing to a close.
*One of your favorite places to go is the mall playland.
*Are such a big helper, you love to help mama sweep and mop the kitchen floor.
*Favorite toy as of late, your Dirt Devil Junior vacuum cleaner!
*Love to give kisses! You are always giving mama kisses on the lips; but remember those kisses are only for mommy!!
*Like to put your arms around daddy or mama! Sweetest thing ever!
*Had your first tumble down the stairs.
*Enjoy "playing" NBA jam on the WII with Daddy.
*Still a boy of few words; but you know how to get your point across!
*Love watching yourself on the camera or on a video camera.
*Love puppies!
*Currently working on some molars...I think since you are drooling SO much!
*Hats? You love them, especially if they belong to daddy!
*Climb on everything.
*Like to put on other peoples shoes.
*Enjoy bouncing on mama's leg.
*Don't like to be left alone.
*Test your boundaries often...
Things I Don't Want to Forget:
*One night for bed you slept with your teddy bear, 2 golf clubs and 3 books! Cutest thing ever!
*When at the store, I bought you Cheetos. Since you don't have words yet; but wanted to get the point across to me that you would like to eat them while in the checkout stand. You took my hand and placed it on the top of the Cheetos bag and showed me how to "tug" the bag in hopes of opening it!
*While putting groceries away you came across the cantaloupe-a ball in your eyes! Ha! You picked it up and promptly threw it and when it didn't bounce you tried it again!
Dear Klayton,
This is your golden month birthday! Lol! I really can't believe that in just 3 months I am going to have a 2 year old on my hands! Where has the time gone? I say this often; but it really feels like it was just yesterday that I was holding you in my arms for the first time!
This month I have started really reflecting on what I want for you in your future, what I want you to become and be like. There are so many things in my life that I don't want for you...sometimes its silly like my phobia of the dentist! I really don't want you growing up with that fear. But, in truth its not what I want for your life-its what God wants. I don't want my dreams for you to get in the way of the dreams God has for you.
One thing that I desire is that your grow up as a man willing to be humble and apologize. We all make mistakes and sometimes we don't want to admit to them because of our pride. I hope that I can be an example to you in this area, so I have started making sure that even if it seems like a minut detail to apologize over I still apologize to you. I'm sure you don't always understand; but I would love for you to be able to look back on your life and in spite of seeing my mistakes and failures remember a mom that owned up to it, even owned up to it to a little boy! Does that make sense?
I love you Klayton and I am so thankful that God lets me have the joy of you in my life!
-Mama


No comments: