*

*

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Independence Day

Our day wasn't overly impressive; but it was good! My dad came up for the morning/afternoon and after realizing the downtown shops were closed for the holiday we spent time at the mall. Klayton enjoyed a train ride, thanks to my dad. (Side note: the lil mall train in my opinion is oddly out of place...cho-chooing its way through shoppers. So, the train kind of annoys me.) after the train ride, he spent a better part of an hour playing in the free play land-he loves that place! While there I recognized a fellow blogger, Melissa; and was like, "hey I know her; but I don't really KNOW her!" Does that make sense?! But, I stepped out of my comfort zone and introduced myself and the kids played! Fun times! Later that day I made Andes Mint Sugar Cookies and off we went to a cookout and fireworks! It was a hot; but good day!

No comments: