*

*

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Ten on Tuesday

1. I came across this quote on Pinterest tonight, Family is supposed to be our safe haven. Very often, its the place we find our deepest heart ache. So, sad to me that this is often the case. Why do we bring heart ache upon the people we are closest to?
2. Klayton is just cracking me up. This past weekend he has started proclaiming himself, "I am king!" We have no idea where he picked that up from; but we hear it often!
3. Tonight we went to K-Mart and they had a bloodied costume hand. I pretended it was my hand and showed Klayton, he stared at it for a minute and then decided to be scared. It just cracked me up as after a minute long pause he looked at me and said, "I scared." I don't think he was, its just that he has become very aware of the meaning of the word scared in recent weeks.
4. I am thankful for God's provision. I was able to pick up a house keeping job to pay for Klayton to attend preschool. Its only for a few hours a week; just enough for me not to be away from my boys for to long but enough to provide the preschool bill.
5. Yes, I revisited the 80's and got a perm; but it's a life saver! I still don't know how to completely function with two kids so anything that can become a time saver is worth it and having a perm has cut my self-prep for the day to not very long at all...too bad I can't use that "extra" time for sleep!
6. I love good deals. This week I bought a wooden toddler bed for $5! I am SO excited! The woof finish has some scratches so I plan on stripping and refinishing the wood; but seriously other than that its in great shape and still a steal of a deal! Can't wait to get to work on it this weekend!
7. Reading? How I miss having time to read and when I do have the time my eyes are so tired they can't see the words. So, I will just ask, "what are you reading?" Please share!
8. In less than a week my littlest guy will be 4 months old? Um, how is that possible?
9. Sometimes I really appreciate this Tuesday post because I really want to blog; but don't have much to say and this gives me the perfect opportunity to be completely random.
10. Please pray for me and some very important unspoken requests. Thanks and have a Happy Tuesday!

No comments: