*

*

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Big Debate

As a parent decisions are made everyday concerning your child. What will they eat for each meal? That is a minor decision; but what you decide to feed them will more than likely be different from what your neighbor is feeding their child. So, does that make oatmeal or the cereal wrong to eat? Which one is right or wrong? There is no right or wrong, it's just a difference in parenting styles. But, often times when someone makes a decision that is different from ours we cringe, silently judge because our way is better! And truthfully your way is probably better for YOUR child because God gives us the child(ren)/parents we need. Ultimately, God equips the parent with the knowledge and love that is required for their child and it is only with His help that we will know what is best for our child(ren).
Often times as we grow along our child God will show us things that we need to change, stop or start doing for our child. As a parent it's our responsibility to listen to His prompting. I believe that God is directing us to step back from vaccines for now. Klayton has had all his shots up until 9 months, they were on a delayed schedule. He received his 9 month shots at 14 months. We actually have an appointment scheduled for April; but God has not given us peace to allow his doctor, whom we love, to administer his MMR. I trust my doctor fully; but I also know that she is required to persuade a parent to vaccinate, after all they are government funded and the parent doesn't pay for well baby visits. I'm not going to push the issue with her; but I am thankful that she encouraged a delayed vaccine schedule and had actually advised us not to let Klayton get the Hepatitis B shot that they wanted to give him at birth! From day one my husband was not comfortable with letting Klayton get all his childhood vaccinations and I have been uncomfortable with each dose that has been administered thus far. Thankfully, Klayton hasn't had any reaction at all and I chalk that up to God protecting this Mama's heart. As I have gone into each well baby visit in the past, I haven't been unsettled about the shots, maybe uncomfortable because of what they were going to do to my baby! However, the MMR is one that I just can't seem to get that peace about. So, I started praying and researching. Through this process God put a pastors wife in my path that was such a blessing to me! She didn't push the issue down my throat or criticize me for vaccinating Klayton thus far. Her attitude drew me in my desire to study it out more. This pastors wife, also happened to work in the medical field! God knows how to teach us lovingly, with His hand guiding us He allows us to grow and learn. When we are going to fast He just pulls us back a little or if we are moving to slow He gives us those gentle nudges! When I had met this pastors wife I had stopped thinking about the MMR and was going to just do it; but through the process of time...she opened up to me about her own experience with infant vaccines. She to had given her kids the vaccines; but with her youngest she started doubting the power of the shots. Instead she started taking those extra steps towards a healthy body for her child and family. Her son had not been developing like they thought he should and was showing signs of autism so they switched to a gluten free, dairy free diet and did a metal detox. Listening to her experience and seeing her son just renewed my desire to start searching once again about the next shots Klayton was scheduled to get. I read about aborted babies being used to make the vaccine...I'm against murder (abortion) and my heart is truly torn about letting them put something into my child's body that was created out of death. The point of this post isn't to persuade parents or other mommies to vaccinate or choose against vaccination and that is why I am not going to post all my findings. I'm using vaccinations as my reason for this post because its helping me as I have researched this matter that what I do for my child may not be right for your child. And you know what it's ok! I'm not always going to agree with you and vice versa; but I just have to measure myself up to the things God is prompting me to do or stop doing for Klayton. If I fail to measure up to what HE is asking then there's an issue.

No comments: