*

*

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Sometimes I really hate not being able to sleep. The nights when you want to sleep; but you just keep thinking about the, "what if" of life. Lately, this has become a common practice for me, Joseph will say to stop thinking; but I just can't seem to shut my mind off.
I play things over and over in my mind...things that have already happened and that I can't change. What if... Then there are things that have yet to happen with many possibilities for an outcome. What if...
Thankfully, during these times of what if I know that there is A God that is not a what if god.
Jeremiah 29:11, For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
And I must admit in those moments I have let my mind wonder, "God are you fully aware of what my family is facing?" But, then I remember that nothing happens that God is not aware of...
Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows. Matthew 10:29-31
All God wants of me tonight and in every sleepless moment is for me to follow this verse:
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28
So, tonight I'm asking for the rest that only God can give!

1 comment:

Thoughts From Me said...

That happens to me often as well. And it's so frustrating! Sometimes I'll just start praying, or I'll relive my favorite moments since my mind usually dwells on the bad moments. Maybe someone else is out there that can't sleep that needs your prayers at that moment.