*

*

Sunday, April 8, 2012

God's Not Dead

As I was doing my previous Easter posts, I just kept getting convicted that I needed to post why we celebrate Easter. We don't celebrate a bunny...yes we did the Easter egg hunt and the basket; but those were from us to Klayton, not from a bunny. We celebrate because simply put my God is not dead. I love this chorus:

God's not dead (Oh, no!)
He's still alive
God's not dead (Oh, no!)
He's still alive
God's not dead (Oh, no!)
He's still alive
I can feel Him in my hands (clap, clap, clap)
Feel Him in my feet (stomp, stomp, stomp)
Feel Him in my heart (dum, dum, dum)
Feel Him in my soul (whooo)
I can feel Him all over me.


I am thankful that I have a God who died on the cross for me, what love! And then He rose again and lives in heaven; He gives me hope that no matter what happens I will always have a God that hears me because His love didn't just stop at the cross, it lives beyond the cross as well!

Needing strength for my journey, I knelt at the cross Where Jesus once died for me
And I asked, “Is this the place where hope abides?” And this He said to me:
“Beyond the Cross is a tomb that is empty You won’t find Me there anymore
And beyond the tomb is life ever-lasting And hope forever more.”
Then I sought reassurance and I went to the tomb
To the place where His body once laid
And I cried, “Lord, help me see. Is there hope here for me?” And this I heard Him say:
“Beyond the Cross is a tomb that is empty You won’t find Me there anymore
And beyond the tomb is life ever-lasting And hope forever more.”


Do you have this hope? Do you know HIs love? Easter is about what He did for me and you!

No comments: