*

*

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Learning

"That is not the way my teacher does it!" This has become a common phrase to my ears in the last few days as I have been a substitute teacher! I have been teaching kindergarten, which does bring back alot of memories from my 3 1/2 years of teaching kindergarten and first grade. I have had fun; but its no longer the same! Cappuccino prices have risen, I tire easily and I don't find it cute anymore when the kids make "fools" of themselves without even realizing what they are doing and I'm now married! I also have realized there is a reason that the wife is not to be the "bread winner" in the home...its hard to work full time and feel as if I am properly taking of my home and husband. I get home from a long day of teaching and its off to our next event of the evening and then we finally get home at the end of the day I am just ready for bed and fall asleep in the middle of conversation that I am supposed to be carrying on with my husband! Yes, I will be more than willing to sub again; but to teach for the rest of my life as my calling-those days are long gone!
I cannot believe it; but my time at home is quickly fading away. Basically, in just another week it will be off to Georgia for a missions conference. It will be crazy as we will leave there on a Saturday morning and will need to be in Illinois the following morning! It will be quite a welcome back to the road event!
This weekend we are hopfully having friends over for Wii and homemade pizza! I don't think we really have anything else planned for the weekend. I am looking forward to just maybe having a lazy weekend...but then I think of all the housework that needs to be done and things that need to be done before we get back on the road and I realize it probably will not be a lazy weekend.
Also, my 28th birthday is quickly approaching. I am so thankful for this life God has given me. It seems there is always something I could complain about if I really wanted to; but the Lord has taught me that no matter what situation He has me in, or has brought me through-my life, today-is always more than I deserve. Sometimes, I admit it is hard to remember and be thankful for everything and that is why I am on this journey of finding contentment and being thankful always for my life-even when my life isn't going as planned. I admit, I honestly thought that by the time my birthday rolls around that I would be holding a baby of my own or at the very least would be pregnant. My thoughts are not God's way and His thought for my life is so much better than what I can even imagine and so I pray that as I turn 28 that I will be simply thankful for my life and what God has chosen for me! His ways are best!

No comments: