*

*

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Meat Loaf or Rather Turkey Loaf Recipe

So, I LOVE to cook and have been thinking about posting this recipe. Most people complain that meat loaf is so dry; but since making this recipe and serving it to a few different people, I always hear this meat loaf is so moist, what did you do? So, I thought I would share my recipe...

Prep: 20 minutes
Bake: 1 hr 10 minutes
Oven: 350
Makes: 8 servings

Ingredients: 2 beaten eggs
3/4 c milk
2/3 c fine dry bread crumbs
1/4 c finely chopped onion
2 tbs parsley
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sage, basil or oregano
1 lb ground turkey (or beef; but I prefer ground turkey)
1/4 c ketchup
2 tbs brown sugar
1 tsp mustard

1. In a bowl combine eggs and milk; stir in bread crumbs, onion, parsley, salt, sage and 1/8 tsp black pepper. Add meat; mix well. Lightly pat mixture into a 9x9 pan.
2. Bake at 350 for 1-1 1/4 hours. In a bowl combine ketchup, brown sugar and mustard; spread over meat and bake for 10 more minutes.

No comments: