*

*

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

10 on Tuesday

1. Ladies retreat was this past weekend, the theme was, “For Such a Time as This”. And, what a great time it was! I did 1 workshop and three short “lessons” throughout the retreat….I really do enjoy public speaking!
2. I learned that while yes, I always get really nervous before I speak and when I get up there in front of everyone, my nerves flee away; but when pregnant, the nerves I get wreak havoc on my tummy.
3. I have had an excruciating backache all weekend, it started Saturday afternoon and it was bad. Gloria, a nurse for Sanford was at the retreat advised me to go home immediately after the retreat was over, lay down and drink lots of fluid and not to go anywhere unless it was absolutely necessary. She said I probably overdid myself this past week. As of, Monday the ache had moved to my shoulders and eased quite a bit and my doctor says not to worry.
4. You ask, how in the world did you manage to overdo it? Well, last week was very busy! Monday, we had traveled home from Iowa and did many errands that day. Tuesday, I babysat all morning and afternoon long, laundry, followed with errands, paying bills, cleaning. Wednesday, babysat once again, with more errands to follow and church! Thursday, last day of babysitting, major cleaning and final prep for ladies retreat. Friday, my parents came into town, shopping and ladies retreat-didn’t get home until after 10 that night and on Saturday, was up very early to ready for the ladies retreat that started at 8 and finished at 3!
5. We are on our way to Wyoming for some meetings. I discovered that being pregnant actually makes it easier on me to pack for the trip! I’m limited to only maternity clothes and I don’t really have a lot of them, so picking out my clothes is very quick and easy!
6. I have officially completed my 1st trimester, yay! I am told that nausea should subside; but I kind of wonder if whoever said this knows what they are saying because I still have it!
7. Because of my nausea that I have, it doesn’t happen every day-its very sporadic several people think that I am going to have a boy; but then there are others who think I am having a girl because of the baby’s heart beat being in the 160s! We have decided that someone is right; but who that is we will not know until next month sometime!
8. Today we finish our trek to Wyoming, where we will be for the next week to week and a half.
9. I should have internet access this week, so I will be attempting to be faithful and post Wedded Wednesday, Thursday Update and Preggo Friday! Limited internet is very much a disadvantage to having a blog that is meant to be updated several times a week.
10. I’m trying to figure something out, why is it that my husband is always so willing to drag me to stores like Scheels with him; but is so unwilling to let me drag him to stores like Hobby Lobby? I think he goes out of his way to avoid Hobby Lobby….mmm?

No comments: