*

*

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Wedded Wednesday


25 Random Things About Our Wedding

1. I was 25 and Joseph was 27 when we were married!
2. We had no clue as to what we were supposed to be doing at our wedding reception, so we didn't stay around to long!
3. In the middle of the night, on our wedding night, we opened all of our gifts and cards...because it was so spontaneous, to this day we do not know if proper thank you notes were ever given to the people who were the actual givers of each gift!
4. The only thing we had to eat at our reception was the bite of cake we fed one another.
5. I wanted wedding mints so bad for the wedding, so my friend and her mother made them for the wedding and I didn't even have one-so sad.
6. Joseph gave the groomsman cuff links and money clips for their gift...our groomsman all thought the money clip was a tie clip-it was very funny!
7. Our Wedding Songs: Household of Faith, When God Made You and Lord, Bless Our Home.
8. Our good friend, Jeremiah sang, When God Made You and basically made up his own lyrics to the song because he noticed that I started to tear up and it made him lose his concentration! But, he did wonderful-I didn't even notice that he wasn't singing the right words!
9. Joseph's dad did the wedding charge and my dad did our vows!
10. We did not have a traditional flower girl, Joseph dropped the petals down the aisle to prepare the way for his bride!
11. I am a gum chewer and at the last minute realized I still had gum in my mouth and didn't think it was really appropriate to be chewing it during the ceremony...so my good friend Chelsea held out her hand and took the gum! What a true friend she is!
12. Joseph and I did not see each other on our wedding day until I started my journey down the aisle.
13. I was fine all day long, then after I had my pictures taken before the ceremony I started to hyperventilate and my matron of honor, Diana, had to give me a stern talking to!
14. I wore white lacy tennis shoes!
15. Our wedding party wrote out grades for our kiss; but our kiss was so short they barely had time to unfold the paper to show our guests!
16. When it was time to exchange the rings, Diana and Jennifer thought it would be funny to tuck the groom's ring into a Cracker Jack box. Mmm...
17. Our wedding night was spent at the Comfort Inn in Brandon,SD! It was so nice that we didn't have far to travel after a very busy day.
18. To this day, we joke that our ushers were actually our bodyguards as they all stood above 6 feet tall!
19. I had our wedding programs printed a week before the ceremony, the Tuesday before the wedding the couple who was to sing "Household of Faith" were very sick and to be replaced with Clarence and Sandy Collins-so unfortunately our actual singers did not make into our wedding program. But, we know who they are and are ever so thankful for them stepping in at the last minute!
20. We spent, maybe $100 for the sanctuary decorations...in my opinion that is cheap and I believe it was decorated beautifully! Beauty doesn't have to cost tons of money!
21. Our only real issue that happened during the ceremony was that our aisle runner kept getting stuck and would tear; but other than that our ceremony was smooth, beautiful and wonderful!
22. Kinda funny, but during the 1st song, Household of Faith-after my dad had given me away, no one at the altar could make eye contact with one another because we knew if we did the tears would come.
23. I always said, I would never be one of those couples that talk during the songs; but during the lighting of the unity candle, thats all Joseph and I did was talk.
24. When we lit the unity candle, wax poured all over my wrist-ouch!
25. January 4th, 2008 was one of the best days of my life! Forever and always!

No comments: