*

*

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

10 on Tuesday

1. Well, it looks like you can now leave comments on my posts! Yay!!! I think it may have been the background I was using!
2. Today, I am going to begin my themed 10 on Tuesday...the theme, money saving tips!
3. Laundry detergent, can you believe that for the 1st time in 2 years I will be making this purchase?! When I use laundray detergent, I only ever use 1/2 of the amount that is indicated! I do laundry as of right now once a week for 2 people-this may change once we have baby! But, it makes the expense of laundry detergent go a long way!
4. Buy in bulk whenever you can afford it! Last night, I purchased 107 ounces of pizza sauce for $7.00! Sometimes buying in bulk takes a little extra work as I will have to divide the sauce into containers so it doesn't spoil and freeze it. But, sometimes the extra work is worth the savings it brings!
5. When I grocery shop I just shop for dinner and breakfast. Lunch is always leftovers from dinner the night before!
6. Traveling, we do alot of this! Whenever we have to pay for a hotel out of our own pocket, we use hotels.com or choicehotels.com! By using these sites we can earn free nights...I think if we stay one more night through hotels.com our following stay will be free!
7. Swap services! This is one that I would like to do in the future when baby comes! Every couple wants a date night; but doesn't want the added expense of the babysitter, so find a friend that has kids as well and agree to babysit one anothers child once a month so you can have a date night!
8. Pay attention to store specials. Wal-mart is not always cheaper! Once a week, one of our local grocery stores has milk Monday so this is when we buy our milk-its always cheaper than anywhere else in town! Alot of times stores do the same special during a particular time of month-when this time comes I am always there and ready to stock up on much needed items that can be stored!
9. Lower your monthly bills. Once in awhile its good to look around and make sure you really are getting the better deal. I do this once in a while and I always find a way to lower my bill or a better plan! We recently switched cell phone providers, simply because we were able to lower our monthly cell phone bill, plus get double the minutes and many more features-a new savings of $30.00 each month!
10. Use cash, keep a list and don't buy unnecessary items!

No comments: