*

*

Friday, May 21, 2010

Preggo Friday

Baby Progress:
Your baby is now roughly the size of a bell pepper. She is about 5 1/2 inches long and weighs almost 7 ounces now!

If you are having a boy or a girl, it is now obvious, if he or she isn’t curled up and hiding during the ultrasound.

Your baby’s skeleton, which up until this point has been made up of flexible cartilage, is now hardening into bone. Myelin, a protective covering around her nerves, has begun to form. Myelin plays an important role in the communication between neurons and it will continue to develop through her first year of life.

At 18 weeks, your baby’s skin is still thin and transparent, so to help protect her, something called the vernix caseosa develops. This is a greasy, cheese-like substance that not only insulates her developing epidermis and dermis from the amniotic fluid; it also makes her nice and slippery for an easier delivery!

My Progress:
How far along? 18 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: +5 lbs.
How much does baby weigh?
Symptoms: Pregnancy brain, emotional, backaches, dry skin, snacky all the time!
Maternity clothes? Pretty much everything.
Stretch marks? nope
Sleep: Pretty good if I don't have to make those frequent potty breaks!
Best moment this week: letting myself be completely and utterly excited!
Food cravings: milk shakes, fries and root beer.
Food aversions: chicken!
Gender: hopefully, this will be discovered on May 28th!
Labor signs: way to early for this.
Belly Button - in or out? in.
What I miss: Cherry Coke-though I must admit I can drink caffeine; but its my goal to make it through with very little caffeine and if I give in to the cherry coke, I will fall very fast!
What I am looking forward to: May 28th and discovering if my baby will be Jacinda or Klayton.
Milestones: signed up for the birth class we will be taking in August!

No comments: