*

*

Saturday, May 29, 2010

For This Child I Prayed


For this child I prayed…Klayton Matthew! Yes, you read right we are having a baby boy! I am so surprised, I’m not surprised that I am having a baby, I’m surprised that I am having a boy-all along I kept thinking that I was having a girl. It’s kind of funny though when I do think about things, during the last couple of weeks Joseph and I both had this nagging suspicion that just maybe we were having a boy! Also, even though I have been thinking girl, the name Klayton seemed to be more natural for me to say!

My dad was able to come up and go with us to the ultrasound, that was really special! I must admit, my tummy always gets very nervous before an ultrasound and it was a little nervous; but as soon as we entered the building I had such peace-from the Lord-that things were okay and there was no reason to be nervous! As soon as we stepped back to the ultrasound room, I informed the tech that I wanted to know if we would be having a boy or a girl and in my mind I was silently informing her that I had all day if baby wasn’t going to cooperate! She then asked if we minded an intern doing the ultrasound and that she would finish up and double check the interns work-we were fine with that. The intern was able to take lots of pictures of baby’s heart, kidneys, spine, blood flow, bones; but no picture that could tell us the gender! It was funny every time she would go and try to take a peek my baby’s little hands would cover the very thing we needed to see-apparently, baby already knows that some things are meant to be private! Finally, when she was done taking all of her pictures she went and got the regular tech. Once the tech stepped back into the room, she double checked everything and baby had turned; but was still not making a reveal as to gender. I really wanted to know the identity of my baby and I just kept praying…baby was still unwilling to make the reveal. The tech told me that she had a few tricks up her sleeve, so she took the Doppler like crazy on my belly and you could see baby flailing around! Baby turned in such a way, where we were able to get a peek at the backside and see the very thing that made it very evident that we were indeed having a boy-Klayton Matthew! Joseph and I just looked at each other in wonder, we were surprised-not disappointed and I don’t think we really knew what we should be thinking. To be honest, it all just felt very surreal to now know the identity of this baby that is in my belly…my little boy, my little man, my child, my Klayton-wow!
After we left the office we made all the phone calls and sent text messages to all our family and friends! We then went to the mall, to purchase Klaytons first pair of jeans-ended up buying 2 pairs and my dad and sister each bought him a top! As we picked out clothing it was crazy to think that again we now know who we are shopping for and that someone will soon fill those tiny clothes! We then also went online and ordered his take home outfit! So crazy!
Later after my dad left we decided to head to Target and start a baby registry. I have a card that expires soon and wanted to use it because it was redeemable for a $20 gift card if we created a baby registry! So after we created our registry we spent the gift card on baby clothes…so take a peek at baby Klaytons first outfits!

Then as the day drew to a near all I could do was peer at the ultrasound pictures in wonder-I am going to be the mama of a little man! Even now, I am asking Joseph to help me learn to relax and let my boy be a boy because I know me and I can be quite the overbearing mother hen! Aw, I can’t wait until October and I long to hold my Klayton Matthew in my arms! I love him so!

2 comments:

The Casaus House said...

Oh, Kendra, what a blessing! You have me in tears. It really is the most rewarding and amazing experience to grow a baby in your womb and birth a life! God is so good to allow us such a reward. :) Praise God for your Klayton Matthew. We are praying for his safety in the womb and safe delivery for you and little man. :)

Mel said...

Yay for being able to leave comments! I've been wanting to for awhile. You found my blog through Kelly's Korner... I'm in Sioux Falls. Small world!

I'm so excited for you & your baby boy! After 2 girls, we are also expecting a baby boy sometime in September.

Congratulations! I look forward to hearing more updates!