*

*

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Wedded Wednesday

When we met: February 22nd, 2007
When we became a couple: April 1st, 2007
When we became engaged: July 9th, 2007
When we married: January 4th, 2008

11 months start to finish of our courtship! Wow,kinda crazy! I remember on my birthday, my friend Michelle took me to lunch and I was moaning to her, how I was only 5 years from being 30 and there was no prospect of a man for me to marry and I didn't think it possible to ever happen! Who knew, but the Lord that in just 2 weeks time I would be meeting Joseph! I actually saw Joseph on February 21st, the start of our church's missions conference; but I avoided him like he was the plague! I wanted to be married so bad; but I wasn't desperate and I wasn't about to appear desperate and talk to the single missionary at the conference. Then the 2nd night of the conference he was chatting with some of the teenagers that I was close to and I got pulled into the conversation. I tried to ignore the sudden attention I was getting from people-the very thing that I had wanted to avoid and the very reason I did not want to talk to him...the raised eyebrows, the thumbs up signs, the cheesy grins! But, nonetheless I was enjoying the conversation that I was having with Joseph and the teenagers! But, where would this night and the rest of the missions conference take us...come back next Wednesday and find out the next part of the story!

No comments: