*

*

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wedded Wednesday

(Reminder: Please read the facts in my post previous to this one and vote in my poll at the right!)

When we met: February 22nd, 2007
When we became a couple: April 1st, 2007
When we became engaged: July 9th, 2007
When we married: January 4th, 2008

So, I left you last week with my 1st conversation with Joseph. So, where did that awkward conversation lead? Well, it lead to us going on Friday night with a bunch of teenagers to Denny's! That night was so fun and great! We were all laughing at the stories Joseph and I had to share about pranks we did at college! I remember leaving Denny's that night thinking, "he seems nice, mmm?" That Saturday brought a snowstorm and I found myself spending the weekend with a family from the church so I would not get snowed in at my apartment!
Sunday, I ended up going to both church services in the morning. Our church currently has two services because we can't fit everyone in the sanctuary in the mornings. I saw Joseph; but we only exchanged a simple greeting. After the morning services our associate pastor invited me to lunch with the church staff and missionaries. I ended up sitting with our associate pastor and his wife...Joseph did to! I don't remember everything that was said; but there is one part of the conversation I vividly remember. Our associate pastors wife, Mrs. Holso, had just discovered that Joseph likes shoes, so it went something like this:
Mrs. Holso, "Did you know Kendra likes shoes?"
Joseph, "oh yeah."
Mrs. Holso, "You like shoes and Kendra likes shoes, you should take her to Norway with you."
Me, I simply covered my face and slouched in my chair with utter embarrassment.
But, in spite of this conversation Joseph and I were still able to talk comfortably. Even that night after a girl in our church asked him if he had a girlfriend and when he replied no, right in front of me she told him, "Kendra doesn't have a boyfriend, you should get together with her"! Even after that we were able to still talk! Some of the embarrassing moments though I must admit were beginning to really get to me. So much so, that after church on Sunday night a friend of mine called and invited me to go with the young married couples to dinner and I just knew what they were up to-they had invited Joseph as well. I was beginning to get really sick of the looks, the comments etc.! So, when she asked me I curtly replied with a no and promptly hung up the phone. I then sought the family I had been staying with for refuge and I ended up going to Denny's with them and apparently the church staff once again and all the missionaries. So, the very thing I was trying to avoid could no longer be avoided another evening of smiles, awkward looks and who knows what else would be in my future! But, really it ended up not being so bad!
Mmm, I wonder what would be the thing though that would bring Joseph and I together, once again I ask you...come back next week for the rest of the story!

No comments: