*

*

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Excitement...Thursday Update

Do you know what its like to be excited; but then get really excited? Then almost feel like you shouldn't get to excited?! Well, that is where I am right now. This whole pregnancy I have just been cautious with my feelings; but then this week its as if all caution has been carried away with the wind! I am just utterly and completely excited! I look at my belly and wonder is there really a baby in there and is my little "Firefly" really okay; but then I remember last Friday when I heard my "Firefly's" heart beat and even the quick "love taps" could be heard through the doctors doppler! There really is a baby inside of me and even though I'm the one carrying the baby it feels so surreal at times that I just can't wait until the 28th when we find out baby's gender...maybe it will make it feel even more real to me! I don't know! I know I'm crazy; but this is a part of my life that I have dreamed for and waited for...a part of my life that I always wondered if it would come or not and now its here! The Lord has been good-He has blessed me beyond measure...I pray that I never forget the days of waiting for Him to perform this blessing and that I will never take this blessing for granted because it was, "for this child I prayed."
This week has not been full, Joseph and I are at my parents dog sitting and here so Joseph can preach for my dad while he is gone on vacation. I really am thankful for this time to not have much to do, I needed to relax-I had a baby scare last week; but as you read baby is fine...I'm just on some antibiotics and needed the rest this week. I was really hoping to make it through this pregnancy with no meds or sickness, so I am a little disappointed at this turn of events. But its best for baby, if I didn't get it taken care of I could have been at risk for preterm labor. Okay, so seriously how did I get back to talking about baby? I'm supposed to be talking about this week! Where is my mind??! Anyway, the week has been nice and relaxing; but tomorrow begins the fun-GARAGE SALE! Am I really that excited about the garage sale? No not really; but I will be if we sell everything and make a bucket full of money! Seriously, I do not know how Joseph and I accumulate so much! Its also been fun to watch my parents dogs...though we will see what my parents will think when they come home and discover we have changed the dogs names! haha! Its kind of funny because this afternoon Joseph was on skype with my brother and my brother commanded his dog Gabe to sit; but he was ignored! I then told "Gaber" my given nickname for the dog to sit and he did! Then everytime Caleb called out to "Gaber" the dog would respond; but would not to his given name of, Gabe! So, I'm getting a kick out of this just thinking about it; but you may not be, so I will move on!
Monday we go home and I will try to make the days pass until my ultrasound, cleaning house to prep for Joseph's parents coming to visit on the 31st! I do not know why; but I feel a deep necessity to have my apartment as clean as possible when company comes. Unfortunately, cleaning seems to be a neverending task! But, we will see how clean I can get it for them and you know it needs to be really clean because I need to prove to his parents that their son did marry someone that actually does know how to care for her home and husband! haha! Actually, I do this even when my parents come for a visit and they saw my room when I was growing up and I will probably do this when our friend, Kenny-who is blind comes for a visit! Yes, I am slightly crazy! But, please keep that to yourself!
Okay, well I really had fun tonight doing this post!

1 comment:

Thoughts From Me said...

Even with my fourth baby, it was hard to imagine that there was actually a baby in there. Even in the last months when you constantly feel them moving, it's a little surreal to think you'll have a baby in your arms soon! It really is a miracle of life, and I don't know how anyone can deny the existence of God that has been pregnant!