*

*

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day



Yesterday, was Mother's Day and according to my husband, I am now a Mommy who deserves to celebrate! So, my wonderful husband bought me Ruby stud earrings and took me to lunch at the Outback Steakhouse! I was thinking about this, so many times when a pregnant woman is spoken of, she is referred to as a "mom to be"; but really, since life begins at conception...you become a mom when a life is conceived. I may not be physically raising my child; but already the choices I make effect my child. I have an important task approaching me...child rearing! At church the choir sang, You Were There and it speaks about the time even before the mother knew the child and how they were already there for that child. God picked me for this baby that is in my tummy...I am the one God has been preparing to raise this child, this gift from God. Much of who I am, will be invested into this child, yes they will become their own person; but what they become is affected by who I am, what I bring to them in their spiritual life, mental life, emotional life and even physical life. As I drove to the grocery store the other day, I noticed a group of kids probably around 10-11 years old playing, when I looked at them I thought someday this baby is going to be that 10-11 year old playing tag with their friends! What will my child be like then? Will people frown when they see their children playing with my child, or frown when they see my child coming their way? Or will people smile when they see my child playing with children, will they smile when they see my child coming their way? But, more importantly when God looks at me, raising this gift from Him, will He smile or frown? I pray and am seeking already to be that mom that God smiles at and I am already discovering that the task will put me on my knees in prayer daily!

No comments: